Capital Transit has resumed service to the bus stops along Willoughby Avenue in Downtown Juneau.
Construction on Egan Drive continues and will run for at least two construction seasons. Summer 2019 activities will focus on the stretch of Egan Drive between Willoughby and Whittier Streets.
During this section of construction, Egan Drive will be reduced to one lane in each direction in select work zones. Traffic control may be in place from Aurora Harbor to Main. No left turns will be allowed between Main Street and Douglas Bridge. Due to this change in traffic, Capital Transit will need to adjust routes for all of the buses servicing the downtown area.
Changes to Capital Transit bus service:
- Transfers will occur at the Senior Center on F Street, instead of at the Federal Building and State Museum.
- Outbound buses will leave the Federal Building 2 minutes earlier than normal, to facilitate transfers at the Senior Center at 12th and F Street. For example, Routes 1, 3, 4, and 8 will leave the Federal Building at :13 minutes and :43 minutes after the hour, instead of :15 and :45.
- Express Service (Routes 5 & 6) will follow reverse
routing through the downtown area, starting at the Senior Center on 12th Street.
- These express buses will stop across the street from the normal stops at the Federal Building, Foodland IGA, ANB Hall, and Centennial Hall.
Express Service time points:
- Route 5: will leave the Senior Center at :23 minutes after the hour and Centennial Hall at :25 minutes after the hour.
- Route 6: will leave the Senior Center at :53 minutes after the hour and Centennial Hall at :55 minutes after the hour.
- Inbound buses (Routes 1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, and 16) will go directly to downtown from the Senior Center via 10th Street and Egan Drive. No inbound service to the Federal Building, Foodland IGA, and State Museum stops for these routes. For passengers trying to get to downtown from these stops, they can take the outbound Valley bus (Route 3 or 4) to the Senior Center and transfer to an inbound bus going to downtown.
- Bicycles will be loaded and unloaded at the Senior Center only.
- The bus stop at the State Museum on Whittier Street and the bus stop at 12th Street/Glacier Avenue will be closed.
If you have any questions, please call Capital Transit @ 907-789-6901.